A risk-free way to engage workers who just don’t qualify as independent contractors. . .
Professional Payrolling – Employer of Record (EOR) Services
Many enterprise clients refer independent workers to TalentWave who, by virtue of the project or their business structure, don’t qualify as independent contractors. Despite our best efforts to structure the contractor and project parameters for compliance with IC classification requirements, some valued workers will just not qualify.
You can’t let this stop you from engaging top talent, and you can’t let it drive top talent away. In these situations TalentWave serves as the Employer-of-Record (EOR). Our popular Professional Payrolling service, with exceptional support and benefits, keeps your contractors happy and productive while insulating you from all the employer compliance risks and liabilities.
Maintaining Access to Top Talent
As the Employer of Record (EOR) TalentWave hires the non-qualifying workers you want to engage as our W2 employees and then contracts with your company to provide their skills on a contingent basis.
TalentWave’s Professional Payrolling solution is a proven program featuring a number of support functions and services similar to traditional employment structure, including:
- Online contractor pre-screening and customized enrollment services.
- Automated on-boarding
- TalentWave’s health and welfare benefits include both MEC and Qualifying coverage according to requirements of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
Extensive business insurances including general and professional liability
- Automatic pay check deductions for federal, state and local taxes as well as Social Security and Medicare
- Workers compensation and unemployment insurance coverage
Employee relations and Human Resource services
- Online portal for pay check details and year end W2
- Dedicated Program Specialists and Payroll Specialists who provide “white glove” customer service to both our professional contractors and project sponsors
Reduced “Co-Employment” Risk
Many state and federal agencies investigate discrimination in the workplace, including the preferential treatment of employees over contingent workers. TalentWave’s EOR solution eliminates that risk by paying our client-referred workers fairly and providing a generous benefits package comparable to those offered by major corporations, including life and health insurance, a qualified retirement plan, and standard entitlements such as workers’ compensation and unemployment benefits.
TalentWave’s benefits package is affordable and quickly attainable for workers —there is less than a month’s waiting period before benefits take effect. The cafeteria-style plan lets workers pick and choose their coverage, and TalentWave makes an employer contribution toward the costs of the chosen options. Contractors appreciate the flexibility, while your company benefits from mitigated co-employment risk.
TalentWave works with you to address any pre-employment screening you require. Using qualified service providers, we can assess drug and alcohol use, financial stability, and criminal background, and we can verify work references and stated education.
Automated Administration and Personal Service
TalentWave’s technology platform, iConnect, is a complete EOR management solution. Our staff accesses the system to process and administer weekly payroll, health benefits, retirement plans, and time & expense reporting. Workers use iConnect as an automated tool for managing and reporting time and for reviewing weekly compensation and benefits. iConnect’s intuitive interface and the TalentWave HR staff make onboarding a snap —most workers complete the process in less than an hour.
Payroll administration is transparent for our clients. Through iConnect, your staff has access to critical, up-to-the-minute data that lets you evaluate headcount, review requisition status, and consolidate financial information.
What Is It?
- Complete front and back-office support for hiring and employing client-sourced W2 contingent workers
- Pre-employment screening (Background, Drug, Credit, etc.)
- On-boarding, document collection
- Health benefits (ACA Complaint)
- Federal, State, Local tax administration
- Payroll processing (time & expense, pay, reporting)
- Year-end W2 issuance
Comprehensive benefits program meets the unique needs of your payrolled professional contractors:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401(k) Retirement plan
- In-Hospital cash plan
- Short-term disability
- Voluntary insurance programs: accident, cancer, sickness, disability
- Voluntary life
- Flexible spending plan
- Commuter checks
- Credit union membership
- Weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly deposits or paychecks
- Direct deposit or paycheck issuance
- Hourly, salary, or milestone payment options
“Icon’s team has given me back precious time to focus on corporate goals instead of administrative tasks.”
Staff Manager, Marvell Technology Group
There's Much More
Understanding and navigating the complexities of our industry is what we do best and we'd enjoy the opportunity to talk with you about yours. Please fill out the fields below and we'll contact you within 24 hours. Thank you.