NOTE: This webinar was recorded on June 14, 2018
Access to independent contractors is a major benefit of the growing gig economy for your organization. However, as the landmark ruling from California’s Supreme Court on Dynamex Operations West, Inc. v. Superior Court demonstrates, the landscape for engaging gig workers just got riskier. Under the newly established ABC Test, companies will have to take a fresh look at their worker classifications to ensure they’re as compliant as possible with existing and new law.
This webcast will focus on the new environment of talent management in light of this decision as well as refresh your understanding of the importance of proper worker classification.
You will learn:
- The broader implications of the Dynamex decision in California and beyond for your organization
- About the Three-Pronged ABC Test, and why Prong B is causing so much angst
- Specific steps you can take to assess your own organization’s use of independent contractors and gig workers
- How to create policy to clearly determine whether to leverage a contractor or an employee
- How compliance helps to enable innovation, experimentation and risk avoidance in talent acquisition and management strategies
To watch the recorded webinar: